Monday, January 10, 2011

Intriguing Aspects of Being a Conscious "One"

This is not what I set out to write about, but I just started typing and it's what came out. So, idk...deal with it.



Amidst incessant study, constant new human interactions, and organizing all my booking data, I feel like I'm not learning all that much about what I'm supposed to, I'm just realizing things about myself. This brings me to my newly realized fascination with how impossibly complex humans are. Not in the nano-molecular jibber-jabber type complex, but just in that fact that there are so many ways to know someone. Every person brings out a different side of every other person. And every environment brings that side out in a different way.

No one's relationship with me is the same. Which is semi rad to probe my brain about, because it means that everyone I know, I know differently than anyone else as well. Whoa.

Anyway, back to the topic: me and humanity...Even though there's one of me, I often feel like there's two of me. I am who I am, and yet I'm also someone I can get to know. Someone I can learn things about. Someone I can learn from. Even argue and disagree with. Someone I can like or dislike at different times, feeling various emotions towards while being the one feeling those emotions. I can rattle options back and forth, decide on one, then act on another. I don't know if it's the whole left/right brain divide or just a peculiar idiosyncrasy of being a conscious "one". Either way, it's fascinating to say the least.

Welp, 6 days of life material and those all are my thoughts. I'm going to go debate myself to sleep now. Holla.


Compliments to the wonderful Chelsea Steele for the photo. Location: Ancient Cave of the Aztecs

No comments:

Post a Comment